University of Houston-Victoria
Program Guide for F-1 International Student Admission
International students must be enrolled in programs which meet the face-to-face course requirements set by legislative action and regulated by the U.S. Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services. Full-time enrollment is required for Fall and Spring terms. Full-time for undergraduate students is 12 semester hours (usually 4 courses), and for graduate students full-time equals 9 semester hours (3 courses). F-1 visa holders are limited to one online course within the full-course load. Summer enrollment is optional, and instruction during the summer enrolled courses may be either face-to-face or online. Each academic school at University of Houston-Victoria has provided a list of programs in each campus/teaching location that meet the enrollment criteria F-1 international students.
Victoria, Texas campus – The Victoria campus is currently the only University of Houston-Victoria campus to admit Freshman or sophomore level students. The Victoria campus offers courses that meet F-1 instruction requirements in both undergraduate (Freshman through Senior-level courses) and graduate programs specified below.
UH-System at Sugar Land (UHSSL), Sugar Land, Texas campus – The Sugar Land campus is a multi-institutional site where several universities share the facilities to teach classes. UHV students enrolled at the Sugar Land campus are only allowed to enroll in UHV courses offered there unless they apply for admission to other institutions who offer courses/programs at UHSSL campus. The Wharton County Junior College is located on this campus as well. UHV offers only junior and senior-level courses (the third and fourth year of a bachelor degree), and graduate-level courses at UHSSL. International students (F-1 visa holders) entering a UHV undergraduate program at the UHSSL campus must have completed the first two years on the degree plan prior to enrolling in UHV classes.
UH-System at Cinco Ranch (UHSCR), Katy, Texas campus – The Cinco Ranch campus is also a multi-institutional campus site where several universities and the Houston Community College may offer classes. UHV offers junior and senior-level courses, and graduate-level courses at UHSCR campus. UHV students enrolled at the Cinco Ranch campus are only allowed to enroll in UHV courses offered there unless they apply for admission to other institutions who offer courses/programs at the campus. International students entering a UHV undergraduate program at the UHSCR campus must have completed the first two years on the degree plan prior to enrolling in UHV classes.
Students at all campus locations are enrolled as UHV students and upon completion will receive their degree from the University of Houston-Victoria. You will want to work closely with your degree plan counselor or academic advisor to assure successful program completion in a timely manner.
School of Arts and Sciences - The following programs are offered at the Victoria and Sugar Land campus locations.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, B.A.A.S.
- Biology, Computer Information Systems, Digital Gaming and Simulation, Network and Security, and Web and Media concentrations
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, B.S.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, B.S.
- Computer Science, Digital Gaming and Simulation, and Information Systems concentrations
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, B.A.
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, B.S.
- Master of Science, Computer Information Systems, M.S.
- Master of Science, Computer Information Systems Bridge Program, M.S.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, B.B.A.
- General Business, Accounting concentrations
- Bachelor of Business Administration, B.B.A.
- General Business concentration (limited to Accounting and Finance electives)
- Accounting, and Finance concentrations
- Healthcare Administration concentration (limited to Nursing electives)
- Strategic Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Fourth-Year Bridge Strategic Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Global Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Fourth-Year Bridge Global Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
School of Nursing - All campus locations
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN to BSN, B.S.N.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2nd Degree BSN, B.S.N.
- Master of Science in Nursing, M.S.N.
- Nurse Administration, and Nurse Education concentrations
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, M.S.N.-F.N.P.
Dates & Events
GBRA & Rep. Todd Hunter - Water Issues Meeting - 11/24/2014
SoEHD Fall Symposium - 11/24/2014
Primerica Meeting - 11/25/2014
Coffee With A Cop - 11/27/2014
The Giving Tree & Tree Trimming Event - 12/1/2014
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 12/3/2014
Coffee With A Cop - 12/4/2014
Free education symposium to focus on health literacy - 11/20/2014