Master of Science in Nursing/Business Administration - MSN/MBA Dual Degree Program
Degree Requirements for the MSN/MBA
The dual degree Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration program prepares professional nurses for leadership roles in nursing administration, providing them with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully manage healthcare organizations in dynamic environments. Graduate study in nursing requires the acquisition and systematic application of knowledge and skills in nursing practice, evidence based practice, and nursing role. Advance critical thinking skills in nursing are enhanced through the study of theory and research. Graduate study in business offers an integrated curriculum that blends theoretical concepts with practical applications.
A student will be awarded a Master of Science in Nursing degree and Master of Business Administration degree upon completion of this program.
• Assume advanced leadership roles in a variety of health care settings, applying leadership roles in a variety of health care settings, applying leadership skills to work effectively with individuals and teams in organizational situations.
• Exemplify ethical, legal, and professional standards for advanced nursing practice.
• Integrate advanced knowledge of nursing and related disciplines in the role of administrator.
• Analyze business operations and processes.
• Analyze changes in the organization’s environment to develop strategies that respond to emerging opportunities and threats.
• Apply cross-functional approaches to organizational issues.
• Participate in research and other scholarly activities to expand nursing knowledge.
• Work effectively in interdisciplinary relationships or partnerships to promote, maintain and restore the health of clients; improve health care delivery systems; and shape heath policy.
Priority deadlines admissions:
Fall – April 15th priority deadline. (The application process for NursingCAS will open June 1st.) July 1st hard deadline.
Spring – October 1st priority deadline. December 1st hard deadline.
A mandatory orientation for all MSN tracks and MSN/MBA dual degree program will be held at the UH Sugar Land campus prior to the start of the Fall semester.
2/28/2014 1:38 PM