University Of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson, Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 570-4848, Toll Free in Texas (877) 970-4848
Questions / Comments To: Webmaster@uhv.edu
RN to MSN Bridge Program
|Program Description||Program Requirements||Degree Plan|
UHV is pleased to announce that they are accepting applications for RN to MSN Bridge Program. The School of Nursing offers admission to the MSN programs in Fall, Spring, and Summer. Classes are offered at both Victoria and Sugar Land campuses. Get ready to open doors for endless opportunities in the nursing field.
The mission of the School of Nursing is to produce graduates for professional nursing practice who can draw upon knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, humanities and nursing to critically analyze human responses to actual and potential health problems and provide appropriate nursing interventions.
The RN to MSN bridge program is designed to allow associate degree and diploma nurses with a bachelor’s degree in another discipline to obtain a master’s degree with a nurse administrator or nurse educator focus.
Listen to what our students have to say : Video
1. Assume advanced leadership roles in a variety of health care settings.
2. Exemplify ethical, legal, and professional standards for advanced nursing practice.
3. Integrate advanced knowledge of nursing and related disciplines in the roles of educator, administrator, or clinician.
4. Participate in research and other scholarly activities to expand nursing knowledge.
5. Work effectively in interdisciplinary relationships or partnerships to promote, maintain and restore the health of clients; improve health care delivery systems; shape health policy; or influence professional education.
The MSN program in Administration and Education has been approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The masters programs are seeking accreditation as a new program from the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).