Second Degree BSN
Increasing the number of Baccalaureate prepared nurses
The Second Degree bachelors program is a twelve-month, intensive, full-time program for people holding bachelor's or master's degrees in other fields who want to become registered nurses (RNs). This accelerated program is designed to facilitate a career change for the more mature and experienced student. This program is offered in Sugar Land, Texas, near Houston. The next admission to this fast track BSN program is Spring 2016.
Prospective Second Degree students need to take the TEAS exam contact ATI at www.atitesting.com and their number is 800-667-7531.
Admission to this program is every Spring. The deadline for application is August 15. Please see the Second Degree BSN check list for additional information.
The objective of the Second Degree BSN program is to produce graduates for professional nursing practice who can draw upon knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, humanities and nursing to critically analyze human responses to actual and potential health problems and provide appropriate nursing interventions. The Second Degree bachelors program is a twelve-month intensive full-time program for people holding bachelors or masters degrees in other fields who want to become registered nurses (RNs). This program is designed to facilitate a career change for the more mature and experienced student.
- Synthesize knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, behavioral sciences, humanities and nursing to provide appropriate culturally sensitive care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication, collaboration with other professionals and leadership and management skills.
- Critically analyze and apply research findings to nursing practice related to disease prevention, health promotion, illness care and restoration of health.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to evaluate the outcomes of nursing care.
- Serve as client advocates by providing health education and in monitoring and promoting access to cost-effective care.
- Encourage lifelong learning and create a foundation for graduate study.
- Integrate professional values and ethical, moral and legal aspects of nursing into practice in a variety of structured and unstructured settings.
Graduates of the Second Degree BSN program are eligible to apply to take the examination for licensure as registered nurses.
10/29/2014 2:49 PM