- Mail is picked up by 3 p.m. by the U.S. Postal Services out of the blue mail boxes next to the Central Receiving doors.
- Outgoing-Time-sensitive items should be called to the attention of the Mail Services clerk; otherwise the item will be sent the most economical way.
- Carefully consider the necessity of using overnight delivery. Presently UHV has a state contract with Lone Star Overnight and Federal Express for Ground and Next Day delivery. Ground services cost less than overnight delivery.
- Bulky or oversized envelopes must be sealed. Mailings thicker than ¼" must be placed in heavy-duty envelopes for safe shipping.
- Interdepartmental mail should list the name and department for proper routing.
- Outgoing mail must include the department name for proper charging.
- Business Reply Mail (BRM) requires specialized design format with permit number listed. Contact Mail Services for design before printing envelopes.
- Bulk Mail permit number must be on all envelopes before sending to Mailroom for handling.