The University mail services are for official university activities and not for personal or non-business purposes. Official mail must be metered with the "State of Texas" imprint. This requirement does not apply to certain sponsored social events where the use of postage stamps is permitted.
Mail Services Contacts
- Allan English 361-570-4831 (on campus x-4831) or email
- Susie Motal 361-570-4826 (on campus x-4826) or email
United States Postal Service (USPS) mail is picked up from the Post Office daily at 8:30 a.m. by the Mail Clerk. The mail is sorted in the mailroom and delivery to departments and schools (see route below) starts by 9:30 a.m. and the afternoon delivery starts by 1:30 p.m. The departmental mail delivery includes interoffice mail and any freight packages received. Interoffice mail picked up on the afternoon route will be delivered next morning to the respective department.
- West building - 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Center building -10:10 a.m. and 2:10 p.m.
- Facilities – 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- SBDC – 10:40 a.m. and 2:40 p.m.
- Victoria College Mailroom (morning only)
- Library – 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
The above schedule may deviate slightly depending on volume of mail.
Holiday Mail Pickup
The mail will not be picked up on federal postal holidays from the Post Office. Outgoing mail will not be metered until the following work day.