Tips for Success in Online Courses
Whether you're taking an online course for the first time, or you're a seasoned veteran, there are strategies that you can implement to help you become more successful in your courses. There are some key differences between online and traditional, face-to-face courses, namely using an asynchronous form of communication and managing your time effectively without scheduled on-campus meetings. Below you will find some tips and strategies to help you succeed as an online student.
- Prepare for technology! Check your computer and browser before the start of your course. Download and install all required plug-ins.
- Log in regularly! Check for announcements, new discussions, and email each time you log in. Set up a routine to work in your course at time when you have the fewest distractions.
- Participate! Be active in course discussions. Ask questions. Share ideas. Contribute. Communicate.
- Read, read, read! Follow instructions carefully. Utilize the resources provided. Explore supplementary material.
- Don't procrastinate! Stay on schedule. Organize. Set goals and personal deadlines to manage your time effectively. Plan ahead.
- Ask for help! Technical problems--call tech support. Need help with course content--ask your instructor or classmates. Speak up.
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013