Slick gadgets and cool software? Or, IBM Selectric and overhead transparencies? Wherever you fall on the technology scale, it is likely that you are thinking about technology in your teaching, particularly in your online teaching. But, what technologies are available? How should the technology be used? First, let's define
What is multimedia? It's the text, graphics, animations, audio and video that comprises your course content, integrated and presented in a way that will help students better understand the course material. It's also the digital projects that you design for your students to submit.
Why multimedia? Research shows that students learn better if the content is presented in a variety of formats, stimulating multiple senses. Presenting content graphically or animating lectures with audio and video not only helps to address the needs of students with different learning styles, it also creates a more engaging and interactive learning environment.
Now, about the technology. We acknowledge that trying to keep up with all the new technology can be quite a challenge, especially when there is no free time in your schedule. That's where we can help. We can help you decide what types of media make the most sense for your course considering your teaching style, learning objectives and student needs.
Multimedia and Technology Services
- Consult with faculty to determine the most appropriate or effective media formats for your content
- Search for existing media resources that supplement your course material based on your prescribed criteria
- Design and produce multimedia elements
- Graphics: design course logos, banners, icons, etc.
- Animations: design animations in Flash and other applications
- Audio: record, edit and produce audio segments
- Video: record, edit and produce video segments
- Assist faculty with their own multimedia development
- Train faculty or develop tutorials in the use of multimedia technology
To discuss your multimedia needs, contact Bev Hoerig, Multimedia Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 361.570.4282, UW133C, Victoria
Social Media Revolution - 6/18/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
SafeZone committee - 6/19/2013
SCORE Roundtable - 6/20/2013
Warm Springs Information Session - 6/20/2013
Quick Books - 6/26/2013
Employer Information Session - Walmart - 6/26/2013
New VC/UHV 2+2 Plan now official - 06/14/2013
Jaguar Hall Dining set to expand - 06/13/2013