Slick gadgets and cool software? Or, IBM Selectric and overhead transparencies? Wherever you fall on the technology scale, it is likely that you are thinking about technology in your teaching, particularly in your online teaching. But, what technologies are available? How should the technology be used? First, let's define
What is multimedia? It's the text, graphics, animations, audio and video that comprises your course content, integrated and presented in a way that will help students better understand the course material. It's also the digital projects that you design for your students to submit.
Why multimedia? Research shows that students learn better if the content is presented in a variety of formats, stimulating multiple senses. Presenting content graphically or animating lectures with audio and video not only helps to address the needs of students with different learning styles, it also creates a more engaging and interactive learning environment.
Now, about the technology. We acknowledge that trying to keep up with all the new technology can be quite a challenge, especially when there is no free time in your schedule. That's where we can help. We can help you decide what types of media make the most sense for your course considering your teaching style, learning objectives and student needs.
Multimedia and Technology Services
- Consult with faculty to determine the most appropriate or effective media formats for your content
- Search for existing media resources that supplement your course material based on your prescribed criteria
- Design and produce multimedia elements
- Graphics: design course logos, banners, icons, etc.
- Animations: design animations in Flash and other applications
- Audio: record, edit and produce audio segments
- Video: record, edit and produce video segments
- Assist faculty with their own multimedia development
- Train faculty or develop tutorials in the use of multimedia technology
To discuss your multimedia needs, contact Bev Hoerig, Multimedia Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 361.570.4282, UW133C, Victoria
Saturday Book Break - 12/7/2013
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
School district honors UHV with award - 11/27/2013