Best Practice - Teaching Computer Science Online With Technologies
ISC3317 Object Oriented Programming & Design - Dr. Qi Zhu
- ISC3317 is designed to teach students the basics of computer programming in an object-oriented framework
- Computer science education requires the learner to simultaneously develop a logical understanding of the learning domain and the procedural capacity to implement it on a machine. The fact that students need to do a lot of practice brings a unique challenge in the online setting
- Students are 50% traditional full-time students who are pursuing a bachelor degree in computer science or computer information systems and 50% non-traditional adult students who have been out of formal schooling for a period and return to classroom
- Students are proficiency in overall computer skills and techniques
- Dr. Zhu applied the techniques he learned in Title V to improve the course
- Audio and video introductions of the course and the instructor by Dr. Zhu
- Helping students gain a better idea of the course
- Giving students an opportunity to "meet" the professor
- A Syllabus & Orientation session
- Provide quick access to important resources such as technical support, plug-ins, etc.
- Audio summaries of weekly modules in the format of podcasting
- Students may either listen to the summaries directly in WebCT or subscribe and receive the audio automatically through a program such as iTunes.
- Online lab and virtual hours via Adobe Acrobat Connect to provide synchronous support to students at various locations.
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
ACS - Relay for Life "Team Captain University" - 1/18/2014
Addy Judging - 1/18/2014
UHV to graduate more than 500 students Saturday - 12/12/2013