Slick gadgets and cool software? Or, paper and pen? What tools do you really need to develop effective training materials? What technologies are available and how should the technology be used? First, let's define.
What is multimedia? It's the text, graphics, animations, audio and video that comprises your course or training content, integrated and presented in a way that will help learners better understand the material.
Why multimedia? Research shows that students learn better if the content is presented in a variety of formats, stimulating multiple senses. Presenting content graphically or animating text material with audio and video not only helps to address the needs of students with different learning styles, it also creates a more engaging and interactive learning environment.
Now, about the technology. We acknowledge that trying to keep up with all the new technology can be quite a challenge, especially when there is no free time in your schedule. That's where we can help. We can help you decide what types of media make the most sense for your training requirements considering the learning objectives and user needs.
Multimedia and Technology Services
- Consult with content developers to determine the most appropriate or effective media formats for your content
- Search for existing media resources that supplement your learning material based on your prescribed criteria
- Design and produce multimedia elements
- Graphics: design course logos, banners, icons, etc.
- Animations: design animations in Flash and other applications
- Audio: record, edit and produce audio segments
- Video: record, edit and produce video segments
- Assist users with their own multimedia development
- Train users or develop tutorials in the use of multimedia technology
To discuss your multimedia needs, contact Bev Hoerig, Multimedia Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 361.570.4282, UW133C, Victoria
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
ACS - Relay for Life "Team Captain University" - 1/18/2014
Addy Judging - 1/18/2014
UHV to graduate more than 500 students Saturday - 12/12/2013