Slick gadgets and cool software? Or, paper and pen? What tools do you really need to develop effective training materials? What technologies are available and how should the technology be used? First, let's define.
What is multimedia? It's the text, graphics, animations, audio and video that comprises your course or training content, integrated and presented in a way that will help learners better understand the material.
Why multimedia? Research shows that students learn better if the content is presented in a variety of formats, stimulating multiple senses. Presenting content graphically or animating text material with audio and video not only helps to address the needs of students with different learning styles, it also creates a more engaging and interactive learning environment.
Now, about the technology. We acknowledge that trying to keep up with all the new technology can be quite a challenge, especially when there is no free time in your schedule. That's where we can help. We can help you decide what types of media make the most sense for your training requirements considering the learning objectives and user needs.
Multimedia and Technology Services
- Consult with content developers to determine the most appropriate or effective media formats for your content
- Search for existing media resources that supplement your learning material based on your prescribed criteria
- Design and produce multimedia elements
- Graphics: design course logos, banners, icons, etc.
- Animations: design animations in Flash and other applications
- Audio: record, edit and produce audio segments
- Video: record, edit and produce video segments
- Assist users with their own multimedia development
- Train users or develop tutorials in the use of multimedia technology
To discuss your multimedia needs, contact Bev Hoerig, Multimedia Specialist, email@example.com, 361.570.4282, UW133C, Victoria
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
Sophomore sings her praises of UHV - 05/24/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013