First Time Logging In
If you have never changed your default password, you must change your password before you can log in to campus resources such as student email, Online Courses and Online Library Databases.
STEP 1: Your user name and default password
- Your User Name is the 7-digit UHV ID number found in your acceptance letter/email.
- Your default password is in the format of mmddyyx! where:
- mmddyy is your six-digit date of birth
- x is the first letter of your last name in lowercase
- ! (exclamation point - Shift + 1 on the keyboard)
- For example, if Jane Smith's date of birth is January 15, 1980, then her default password is 011580s!
STEP 2: Change your default password
- Change your password by going to our Self-Service Password Recovery site at http://idhelp.uhv.edu.
- Select "Change Existing Password" to set a new password.
- Enter your UHV ID in the "User Name" field.
- Enter your default password in the "Old Password" field.
- Enter your new password in the New Password field.
New passwords need to be at least eight characters long, and must be a combination of alphabetic characters, number, and special characters (!@#$%^&;). Passwords cannot contain the user's name.
- Re-enter your new password in the Retype New Password field.
- Click "Change".
- If successful, proceed to Step 3, else review error message and try again.
STEP 3: Set your password recovery questions
Setting up these recovery questions is the ONLY way to reset a forgotten password after hours. If you forget your password in the future, you can select "Reset Forgotten Password" to reset your password by using these Recovery Questions.
- Set up your password recovery questions by selecting "Password Recovery Questions" in the menu bar.
- Enter your User Name and new password.
- Click "Login".
- Select two of the questions, enter in the appropriate answers. Please note that the answers are case-sensitive.
- Click "Save".
- Click "Logout".
STEP 4: Sign in to UHV Student Email
- You are now ready to sign into student email and other campus resources.
- Return to Email Login page.
Saturday Book Break - 12/7/2013
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013