Report Internet Problems
- Week days 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Internet Outage form - For Technology Services Help Desk Staff Only
Upcoming changes to the UHV's WiFi Networks
It is becoming more and more a necessity for students to be able to use their devices to access the curricula their professors and instructors are posting online. This has led to a major jump in wireless devices on the UHV WiFi network. This BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend at UHV prompted the need for UHV Technology Services to upgrade the WiFi infrastructure and change the process for providing WiFi services.
The Wi-Fi hopes you had an enjoyable holiday break. We have made some changes while you were gone.
- JaguarWiFi has been expanded to the UHV\VC Library. We have some brand new “AC” Wi-Fi access points that should improve the internet quality in the library.
- We are now on Twitter. Please follow us @UHVWifi to get the latest news and/or get help with any network problems in your dorm room.
** Xbox 360 users having problems connecting to the internet. **
Settings → System Settings → Network Settings → Wired Network → Advanced Settings → Reset to Factory Defaults
"Jaguar Wifi" Network (secure access)
- The WiFi network for UHV Students, Faculty, and Staff
- The faster WiFi network
- UHV account required
- Provides secure communication
- Full access to campus resources
- Device Connection Guides
"UHVGuest" WiFi Network
- The WiFi network for UHV campus visitors
- No registration or login account required
- Internet access only
- Unencrypted WiFi Network
- Limited bandwidth
Due to the scope of this upgrade, WiFi will be upgraded in 3 phases.
WiFi services have been enhanced in the following locations:
- Jaguar Hall
- Jaguar Court
- Jaguar Suites
These same WiFi enhancements are scheduled for the following locations by end of this fall semester:
- UHV/VC Library – completed Dec. 2013
- University West Building - project not started
- University Center Building - project not started
TBD: Outlying Buildings (Facilities, Athletics, etc.)
Access to Capital and the CDC/504 program - 9/18/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 9/19/2014
Grow Your Business Online - 9/19/2014
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 9/23/2014
UHV Degree information Session - 9/24/2014
Grow Your Business Online Beeville - 9/25/2014
UHV / American Book Review Reading Series - 9/25/2014
New UHV Staff Council chair takes reins - 09/11/2014