Mandatory Steps to Apply as a Freshman/First-time Student
- Apply Texas Application (www.applytexas.org). Submit a completed online Apply Texas Application for the University of Houston-Victoria Campus. The application process is FREE to apply to UHV.
- Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts
- Secondary Credentials (High School) – Outside the U.S.
Submit all official secondary school transcripts, mark sheets, and diplomas/certificates. Official academic credentials must be submitted in the original language (s) of issue and with an official English translation. Once submitted, all records become the property of the University of Houston-Victoria and documents will not be returned. You can submit documents online via email to firstname.lastname@example.org but be prepared to submit official paper version directly from the degree granting authority prior to admission.
- Higher Education Credentials (College/University Level) – Outside the U.S.
Credits/Courses completed outside of the U.S. We are excited that you have completed credits/courses prior to your arrival to UHV. Please note that at UHV we are not able to evaluate International College Credit level coursework. In order for us to transfer credit to UHV, you will need to submit transcripts to a National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, suggested evaluation agencies such as SpanTran, WES, GCE, and SDR. You should begin the credential evaluation process in a timely manner, as it may take 12-15 days for the evaluation to be completed upon initial submission and sent to UHV. All evaluations should be Course by Course Analysis and should have verification of Authenticity stated. When the evaluation is completed please request for the evaluation agency to send an official evaluation along with copies of credentials submitted.
The Evaluation process cost start at $170. You will be responsible to pay the fees and complete the evaluation process. For Temporary Non-Immigrant F-1Visa holders: Once you enroll and begin classes at UHV, UHV can waive $170 from your first semester bill to help defray the cost of recent evaluations. Please note, you will need to enroll and attend the first semester for this waiver to be applied, not all evaluation agencies qualify, contact our international programs office for exclusions.
If you have a prior evaluation with another evaluation agency, you may request the evaluation agency to send the official evaluation with verification and supporting credentials for our International Programs Office to review and verify if it meets our admissions requirements.
- U.S. High School Coursework
If you are a student with U.S. high school transcripts we require you to request the U.S. High School to submit an official transcript sent from the school directly.
- US College Credits/Coursework
Please submit all official transcripts directly from the U.S. institution you have attended to the Admissions Office. Check with your Records Office/Student Billing Office for the steps to request official transcripts.
- Secondary Credentials (High School) – Outside the U.S.
- Official Test Scores
All official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT etc) must be submitted directly from the testing organizations. UHV is dedicated in providing the most convenient way of score submissions. If you have created testing organization online score profiles, you can submit the username and the password and UHV staff will log, and print the scores online.
English Proficiency Requirement
Submit proof of English Proficiency Requirement.
All EPR submitted scores must be less than 3-years of the issue date. Consult an International Programs advisor to check how you can submit the English Proficiency Requirement.
- English as a Second Language On-Demand (ESL On-Demand).
If you do not meet any of above the English Proficiency Requirements, once you are admitted you are able to register for ESL On-Demand and complete the program from your home country to fulfill the English Proficiency Requirement. Email IPO for more details.
To submit official TOEFL, SAT, ACT scores our institutional code 6917
- Admission Requirements. An applicant must meet 2 of the 3 following requirements to be eligible for the regular International Student Admission:
- Rank in the top 50% of your class. (Not applicable to GED or home schooled students.)
- Overall high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum score of 18 on the Enhanced American College Test (ACT), OR a minimum score of 860 on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) Reasoning Tests [critical reading and math sections].
- F-1 Student Agreement. Signed and Completed International F1 Student Agreement Form. You can also find this form on our Forms page link to the left.
- Financial Sponsorship. Submit Letter of Financial Sponsorship along with official bank statements/documents. If you have more than one sponsor, each additional sponsor must complete a separate Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and submit official bank statements/documents.
In order for you to receive the I-20 – the immigration document which allows you to obtain F-1 Student visa, you must complete submit the Financial Sponsor Form and accompany the Financial Sponsor Form with a Bank Statement. The Bank Statement must be less than six months from the issue date of $28,000 per year. You can scan both the Financial Sponsor Form and the Bank Statement to email@example.com.
Please note: The documents which we require are for UHV Admissions purposes only. We strongly encourage you to visit your country U.S. Embassy for specific F-1 student documents needed for your U.S. visa interview.
- Passport. Submit a copy of your passport (U.S. visa and current I-94, if available). In order for UHV to issue the immigration document - I-20, we will need a copy of your passport (picture page clearly visible) to ensure that we issue the I-20 for the name which is listed on your passport.
- * Activate your JagSpace access. You can check your to-do-list via your MyUHV on-line student self-service and access email via your JagSpace portal. Set up all following your first email from UHV post submitting your Apply Texas Application, instructions can also be found at Activate Your Account. Not required to make the Admissions decision, but is required prior to registering for courses.
- * Bacterial Meningitis. Students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses. Not required to make the Admissions decision, but is required prior to registering for courses.
* These items will not affect the Admissions review. But prior to course registration all students will need to update all items with *
If you wish to receive your immigration documents via express mail (FEDEX, DHL) please visit the link below to create an account. You will need a credit card to make the payment for the express mail options at https://study.eshipglobal.com
Students with no credit card, please pay for FEDEX or DHL from your home country FEDEX/DHL office and send our office the tracking number for FEDEX and DHL.
If you wish to receive your immigration documents via regular mail, please note it will take a minimum of 4-6 weeks to receive your immigration documents. We strongly recommend students to use the express mail option during the holiday season to avoid additional delays.
- MAILING ADDRESS
International Student Admissions
C/O International Programs Office
University of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson St.
University West, Suite 228
Victoria, TX 77901
To better serve you we can accept most scanned/emailed documents to process your admissions. However, if you are or were enrolled at an U.S. institution all U.S. transcripts MUST be sent directly from the U.S. institutions which you attended.