Summer Flex Schedule Guidelines
The following is the approved procedure for the 2011 Summer Flex Schedule:
- The program allows regular, full-time employees the opportunity to work a flexible schedule. The schedule is not an entitlement, but rather a privilege that can be granted by supervisors if unit workload obligations can be met.
- The 2011 Summer Flex Schedule will begin Wednesday, May 18th and end Tuesday, August 2nd to coincide with bi-weekly payroll accounting. The summer work schedule will not result in any extra overtime costs.
- The standard work week will consist of four 9-hour days with hours set at 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Fridays with the following exceptions.
- Employees will work 5 hours on Friday, May 27th due to the Memorial Day holiday on May 30th.
- Employees will work 5 hours on Friday, July 1st due to the 4th of July holiday being observed on Monday, July 4th.
- Any employees who deviate from the summer Flex Schedule will be required to submit an approved alternate Work Schedule Request form to the Human Resources Office. http://www.uhv.edu/fin/forms/awsform.pdf
- The following offices will maintain the standard 8 hour day schedule, Monday through Friday.
- President’s office
- University Switchboard
- Information Technology Help Desk
- The UHV/VC Library will maintain their hours as posted on their website. http://vcuhvlibrary.uhv.edu/libraryinfo/hours.htm
Faculty Deadline to Enter Grades for 8W1 - 10/22/2014
Living and Learning Community of Readers - 10/22/2014
VBEC Board meeting for the Victoria Community - 10/23/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 10/23/2014
Campus Rosary Group - 10/23/2014
UHV smashes fundraising record for second year - 10/16/2014