University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||HCAD||Course Number||4355||Section Number||25676|
|Name of Course||Organizational Change|
|Name of Instructor||Rauniar,Rupak|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the concepts of organizational change.
- be able to understand theories of effective change implementation.
- be able to understand organizational change diagnosis.
- be able to understand human resource development.
- be able to understand how to support new organizational behaviors.
- be able to understand the role of culture in change.
- be able to understand the role of leadership in change
|Tests (20% x 3)||60%|
Bert Spector, Bert Spector, Implementing Organizational Change: Theory Into Practice, 2/E,, 2/E ed. Prentice Hall, ISBN 0136074286,2 ed., ISBN 0136074286.
Case studies and additional reading materials required for this course can be purchased from: http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cb/access/9754317 Please note that if you are a first time user to this site, you will be required to setup a login account first. Articles that does not require purchase for the UHV student, and required for this course can be accessed from the course homepage : http://www2.uhv.edu/rauniarr/
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction to Course
- chap 1
- Chapter 2:Theories of Effective Change Implementation
- Labor Day Holiday
- Chapter 3: Mutual Engagement
- TEST 1 (Chapter 1, 2, 3)
- Chapter 4: Organizational Redesign
- Chapter 5: Developing Human Resources
- Chapter 6: Reinforicing New Behaviors
- TEST 2 (Chapters 4,5, 6)
- Case Discussion
- Case 2: Organizational Transformation: Agency for Volunteer Service
- Case 3: Northwest Airlines Confront Change
- Chapter 7: Organizational Culture and Change
- Chapter 8: Leading Change
- Case 4: Peter Browning and Continental White Cap
- TEST 3 (Chapters 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8)