University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4315||Section Number||25540|
|Name of Course||Contemporary Issues in Mgt|
|Name of Instructor||Huang,Shengsheng|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Research and be familiar with business scholarly literature.
- Understand and be able to think critically on current issues and trends from a managerial perspective.
- Analyze case situations and apply concepts and ideas from assigned readings and literature in the solution of organizational problems.
- Develop a proactive rather than reactive approach to management.
- Learn about current issues and their policy implications.
|Team Written Report (Case Analysis)||15%|
|Team Paper (Essay)||30%|
No textbook has been adopted for this course.
Since this is a seminar type of course, there is traditional textbook. Instead, we will select a list of articles, cases, and videos for each topic. All required course materials for this course will be available from the university's library at the beginning of the semester.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Globalization and Its Consequences
- Grouping Due 11:59 pm (4-5 Person Each Team)
- Case Study and Discussions for Globalization
- International and Cross-Cultural Management
- Case Study and Discussions for IM and Cross-Cultural Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Case Study and Discussions for Business Ethics and CSR
- Innovation and Technological Change
- Case Stud and Discussions for Innovation and Technological Change
- Environmental Issues and Management
- Case Study and Discussions for Environmental Issues and Management
- New Business Models
- Changing Economic Order and the Power of the Poors
- Case Study and Discussions for New Business Models and the Power of the Poors
- Final Exam (10 am - 6 pm)
- Teamwork (Case Written Report and Team Essay)
- Teamwork (Case Written Report and Team Essay) Due 11:59 pm