University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||3313||Section Number||25245|
|Name of Course||Intermediate Acctng II|
|Name of Instructor||Dong,Xiaobo|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- The general objectives of Accounting 3313v are to develop your understanding and appreciation of the accounting theory, principles, and practices that govern the content and form of financial statements, the valuation of assets and liabilities and the recognition of revenues and expenses. In this regard the course emphasizes the financial accounting standard-setting process.
Kieso, Weygandt, and Warfield, Intermediate Accounting,14th ed., ISBN 978-0-470-91783.
The only required material is the Kieso textbook, 13th edition, from chapter 16 to chapter 24.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction to the course
- ch. 16. Earnings Per Share
- Ch 17: Investments
- chapter 18. revenue recognition
- review session for ch. 16-18
- first exam (ch. 16-18)
- ch. 19 Pension
- ch. 20 Pension
- ch. 21 leases
- review session (ch. 19, ch.20, ch21)
- second exam
- Ch 22: Accounting changes and error analysis
- ch 23. Statement of cash flow
- Ch 24: Full Disclosure in Financial reporting
- review session for ch. 22,23,24
- Final Exam