University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6300||Section Number||25142|
|Name of Course||Selected Topics in Marketing|
|Name of Instructor||Radighieri,Jeffrey|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Recognize the brand concept and be able to distinguish between different types of brands.
- Know the role of brands, the concept of brand equity, and the reasons for creating strong brands.
- Explain the three main ways to building brand equity and how to leverage them.
- Apply the brand concept to real world situations, including the use of brand elements and the leveraging of secondary associations.
- Distinguish between and evaluate brand hierarchies, brand portfolios, corporate brands, family brands, individual brands, and sub-brands.
- Synthesize and integrate course concepts into a detailed report on brand building.
|Final Project Paper||25%|
|Building Strong Brands Paper||15%|
|Brand Failures Paper||15%|
|Discussion Boards (8)||15%|
Matt Haig, Brand Failures,2005 ed., ISBN .
Kevin Lane Keller, Strategic Brand Management,3rd ed., ISBN 0131888595.
David A. Aaker, Building Strong Brands,1995 ed., ISBN .
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Course Introduction: What Is A Brand?
- Brand Equity
- Brand Awareness and Associations
- Building Brand Equity I
- Building Brand Equity II
- Measuring Brand Equity
- Exam I
- Brand Failure
- Brand Extensions and Brand Alliances
- Corporate Branding and Services Branding
- Marketing Mix Brand Issues: Distribution, Pricing, and Promotions
- Managing Brands Over Time and Across Countrie and Cultures
- Branding and Sustainability
- Thanksgiving Week
- Papers Due Friday by 5pm CST