University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6351||Section Number||25123|
|Name of Course||Mgt & Organizl Behavior|
|Name of Instructor||Cloninger,Peggy Ann|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend Management and OB concepts in areas such planning, organizing, leading, controlling, motivation, decision-making, teamwork and empowerment.
- Synthesize and evaluate different OB theories.
- Comprehend organizational mission, goals, strategic plan and organizational structure and design
- Apply theories and skills necessary for managers to make decisions and effectively influence and motivate subordinates behavior.
- Know how to develop a research paper including APA format, apply and Synthesize the research skills as well as teamwork skills.
|Individual Research Paper||30%|
Robert Perrin, Pocket Guide to APA Style,Updated 3rd ed., ISBN 0495911429.
Jones, G.R., & George, J.M., Contemporary Management,7th ed., ISBN 9780078112690.
Any additional readings and videos as shown on the schedule. These are available free online.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction to the Course
- Management Thought
- Values, Attitudes, Emotions, and Culture
- First Draft Week
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Managing in the Global Environment
- MIDTERM WEEK
- Decision Making, Learning, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
- The Manager as Planner and Strategist
- Managing Organizational Structure and Culture
- Organizational Control and Change
- Motivation and Performance
- Research Paper Week Final Version
- Effective Groups and Teams
- FINAL EXAM