University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4309||Section Number||25118|
|Name of Course||Strategic Management|
|Name of Instructor||Chapa,Olga|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Analyze the business environment to aid in developing strategic direction.
- Know the concepts, theories, and frameworks of strategic analysis.
- Apply written and verbal communication skills to case analysis.
- Apply the concepts, theories, and frameworks of strategic analysis to identify strategic issues and develop strategic options.
- As a result of this course, students will Synthesize ambiguous, uncertain, and conflicting data in formulating strategic plans.
- Integrate the knowledge gained in prior core business courses to address strategic issues.
|Online Check In|
John E. Gamble and Arthur A Thompson Jr., Essentials of Strategic Management the Quest for Competitive Advantage,2 ed., ISBN 9780078137143.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.