University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4312||Section Number||25108|
|Name of Course||Staffing|
|Name of Instructor||Singh,Barjinder|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- This course will provide students with a broad overview of the fundamental elements of staffing in organizations.
- The course will cover topics such as recruitment, selection, and human resource management
- This course will also discuss legal issues that govern the practice of staffing and human resource management
- Students will also learn to identify and establish the link between staffing and organizational performance
Heneman III/ Judge/ Kammeyer-Mueller, Staffing Organizations,7th ed., ISBN 9780078112683.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction and Staffing Models & Strategy
- Job Analysis and Rewards
- External Recruitment
- Measurement Cont'd
- Midterm Exam
- External Selection I
- External Selection II
- Decision Making
- Final Match
- Retention Management
- Final Exam