University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||3303||Section Number||25102|
|Name of Course||Principles of Management|
|Name of Instructor||Summers,Cynthia|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend management concepts.
- Discuss current issues in organizations from a managerial perspective.
- Apply management techniques and concepts to organizational problems.
- Comprehend roles, functions and skills of management.
- Analyze management problems and recommend solutions.
|Special Case Study||20%|
Chuck Williams, MGMT 4,4th ed., ISBN 1111221316.
The special case study must be submitted in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format (RTF).
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- The History of Management
- Organizational Environments and Cultures
- Planning andDecision Making
- Organizational Strategy
- Designing Adaptive Organizations
- Managing Teams
- Managing Individuals and a Diverse Work Force
- Innovation and Change
- Global Management
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Managing Human Resource Systems