University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||HCAD||Course Number||4356||Section Number||25099|
|Name of Course||Strtgic Hlthcare Mgmt & Plang|
|Name of Instructor||Nwabueze,Uchenna Malachy|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- As a result of this course, students will Comprehend ambiguous, uncertain, and conflicting theoretical issues in the formulation and implementation of strategic plans.
- Apply the knowledge gained in prior business courses to a better understanding of strategic issues in healthcare.
- 4. Analyze the healthcare environment to aid in developing effective strategic and operations planning.
- Know the concepts, theories, and frameworks for healthcare strategic execution process.
- Understand the challenges and failures that healthcare managers face in the strategic process in the managed care environment.
Alan M. Zukerman, Healthcare Strategic Planning,2nd, 2005 ed., ISBN 139781567932379.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduce Yourself
- Strategic Planning
- Organizing For Successful Strategic Planning
- Analyzing the Environment
- Identifying Organizational Direction
- Chapter 5
- Mid-term Exam
- Transitioning to Implementation
- Planning Process
- Benefits from Strategic Planning
- From Implementation to Managing Strategically
- The Annual Strategic Plan Update
- Encouraging Strategic Thinking
- Final Exam