University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||HCAD||Course Number||4351||Section Number||25098|
|Name of Course||Qlty Assmnt for Patient Care|
|Name of Instructor||Nwabueze,Uchenna Malachy|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Know quantitative and qualitative quality assessment and improvement tools, techniques, and concepts to improve patient care and caring in a healthcare environment.
- Comprehend patient safety and risk management activities that reduce medical errors.
- Identify quality management attributes important to healthcare stakeholders, including purchasers and consumers.
- Recognize legislative mandates, regulatory agencies, and accreditation groups that influence healthcare quality assessment activities.
- Synthesize knowledge of organizational factors that influence the quality management and assessment process.
- Apply resource management strategies that balance quality patient care and healthcare costs.
|Discussion Board Contribution||35%|
Patrice L Spath, Introduction to Healthcare Quality Management,1 ed., ISBN 139781567933239.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Focus on Quality & Quality Management Building Blocks
- Measuring Performance & Evaluating Performance
- Continuous Improvement
- Performance Improvement Tools
- Study for Midterm
- Improvement Project Teams & Improving Patient Safety
- Managing Healthcare Resources & Organizing for Quality
- Six Sigma
- Final Exam