University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||6352||Section Number||25094|
|Name of Course||Financial Management|
|Name of Instructor||Ning,Yixi|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend the goal of the firm and the function of financial markets
- Comprehend the trade-off between risk and return and apply valuation methods to stocks, bonds and preferred stocks.
- Analyze the basic methods used by firms to evaluate investment opportunities
- Comprehend various theories of capital structure and measure the effect of change in capital structure on stock price.
- Comprehend the principles of dividend policy, working capital management and mergers and acquisitions.
- Synthesize the analysis of cost of capital, capital structure, and capital budgeting analysis for a publicly-traded company.
- Use a spreadsheet to build financial models.
|DISCUSSION BOARD ACTIVITIES||100|
|QUIZZES & HOMEWORK||200|
|INDIVIDUAL TERM PROJECT||200|
Brigham & Ehrhardt, Financial Management: Theory and Practice,13th ed., ISBN 1439078092.
Brigham & Ehrhardt, Study Guide for Financial Management: Theory and Practice,13th ed.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.