University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||3321||Section Number||25090|
|Name of Course||Capital Markets|
|Name of Instructor||Du,Jianjun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- As a result of this course, students will Working knowledge of domestic and international financial markets - especially financial institutions, forces impacting financial markets, level and structure of interest rates, financial innovations and regulatory trends;
- Understanding of current domestic and international issues in the financial system, and achievement of a state of knowledge that will support critical appraisal of arguments about such issues;
- Understanding of the role of portfolio investment in financial organizations and conceptual and analytical tools available to manage risk; and,
- Understanding of the global nature of financial markets, the importance of country participants, and the role of international organizations operating in the financial markets.
|Online Discussion Participations||10%|
|Midterm and Final Exams||50%|
Jeff Madura, Financial Markets and Institutions, Abridged 9th Edition (Paperback),9th Edition ed., ISBN 13: 97805384824.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Be familiar with Blackboard Syllabus and Course Schedule
- CH 1:
- CH 2:
- CH 4:
- CH 5:
- CH 6:
- CH 7:
- Midterm Exam
- CH 9:
- CH 10:
- CH 11:
- CH 12:
- Chapters 13 and 14 (Concepts and light calculations)
- Chapters 15 and 16 (Concepts and light calculations)
- Final exams