University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6352||Section Number||25050|
|Name of Course||Strategic Mktg Management|
|Name of Instructor||Yang,Jun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Take a systematic approach to strategic decision making in Marketing.
- Comprehend the basic concepts, principles and theories of contemporary marketing thought.
- Analyze the key environmental factors (such as demographic, economic, natural, technological, political-legal, and social-cultural developments) and their impact on marketing strategy.
- Be able to conduct competition analysis, select target markets and choose a profitable positioning strategy.
- Evaluate an organization's marketing situation and develop marketing strategies that create a sustainable competitive advantage.
|Exams (assessing course learning objectives 1-5)||50|
|Participation (assessing course learning objectives 1-5)||15|
|Case Analysis (Group Work)||15|
|Individual Report (assessing course learning objectives 1-5)||20|
Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller, A Framework for Marketing Management,4th ed., ISBN 0136026605.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.