University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6377||Section Number||25044|
|Name of Course||International Management|
|Name of Instructor||Ramamoorthy,Nagarajan|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- learn major theories and concepts in international management
- increase awareness of your own culture as well as other cultures
- understand the role of culture in international management
- analyze and synthesize major theories and concepts in international settings
- apply major concepts to international management practices
|Group Case Presentations||20%|
|Individual Case Analysis||15%|
|Business Week Activities||10%|
Helen Deresky, International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures,7th ed., ISBN 0136098673.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction\Course Expectations
- Assessing the Environment:
- Managing Interdependence
- Case Presentations by Groups
- Understanding the Role of Culture
- Cross Cultural Negotiation and Decision Making
- Case Presentation By Groups
- Formulating Strategy
- Midterm Exam
- Global Alliances and Strategy Implementation
- Organizational Structure and Control Systems
- Case Presentation by Groups
- Staffing, Training, and Compensation for Global Operations; Developing a Global Management Cadre
- Thanksgiving Holiday
- Motivating and Leading & Group Case Presentations
- Final Exam (Chapters 10, 11 to 14, 15 & 17).