University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6371||Section Number||25043|
|Name of Course||Contemporary Mgt Issues|
|Name of Instructor||Huang,Shengsheng|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Learn about current issues and their policy implications.
- Develop a proactive rather than reactive approach to management issues based on authenticity of information and sound analysis.
- Analyze case situations and apply concepts and ideas from assigned readings and literature in the solution of organizational problems.
- Research and be familiar with current business scholarly literature in contemporary issues in Management.
- Understand and be able to think critically on current issues and trends from a managerial perspective.
|Term Research Paper||30%|
|Team Case Analysis (Written Report)||25%|
|Team article review and joint presentation||25%|
, , ed., ISBN .
This seminar course, MGT 6371 does not use a traditional text book. Instead, it includes a list of readings from current scholarly journals as well as articles from business professional journals in each of the modules under study. These articles will be made available to you at the beginning of the semester.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Overview and Introduction
- Globalization and Its Consequences
- No Class
- Case Study for Globalization
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Case Study for Ethics and CSR
- International and Cross-Cultural Management
- Case Study for IM and Cross-Cultural Management
- Innovation and Technological Change
- Case Study for Innovation and Technological Change
- Environmental Issues and Management
- Case Study for Environmental Issues and Management
- New Business Models
- Case Study for New Business Models
- Changing Economic Order and the Power of the Poors
- Case Study for Changing Economic Order and Power of Poors