University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4325||Section Number||25028|
|Name of Course||Organizational Change|
|Name of Instructor||Rauniar,Rupak|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the concepts of organizational change.
- be able to understand theories of effective change implementation.
- be able to understand organizational change diagnosis.
- be able to understand human resource development.
- be able to understand how to support new organizational behaviors.
- be able to understand the role of culture in change.
- be able to understand the role of leadership in change.
|Mid-Term (Case Analysis)||15%|
|Discussion Board Participation||45%|
|4 Articles Reviews||10%|
|Final (Case Analysis)||15%|
Bert Spector, Implementing Organizational Change: Theory Into Practice,2/E ed., ISBN 0136074286.
There would be additional case studies and articles that would supplement the text book.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- chap 1
- Introduction to Course
- Chapter 2:Theories of Effective Change Implementation
- Labor Day Holiday
- Chapter 3: Mutual Engagement
- TEST 1 (Chapter 1, 2, 3)
- Chapter 4: Organizational Redesign
- Chapter 5: Developing Human Resources
- Chapter 6: Reinforicing New Behaviors
- TEST 2 (Chapters 4,5, 6)
- Case Discussion
- Case 2: Organizational Transformation: Agency for Volunteer Service
- Case 3: Northwest Airlines Confront Change
- Chapter 7: Organizational Culture and Change
- Chapter 8: Leading Change
- Case 4: Peter Browning and Continental White Cap
- TEST 3 (Chapters 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8)