University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4320||Section Number||25025|
|Name of Course||Organizational Behavior|
|Name of Instructor||Singh,Barjinder|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Understand and differentiate between common sense and research based theory related to organizational behavior and apply the knowledge and concepts to real life situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of specific theories related to individual differences in learning, attitudes, values, motivation, group behaviors, leadership, human resources, and organizational change
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of ethics and social responsibility in organizational behavior.
- Develop and enhance skills needed to work in teams.
|In Class Exercises and Case Discussions||25%|
Robbins, S. and Judge, T., Organizational Behavior,14th ed., ISBN 10: 0-13-612401.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction ; What is Organizational Behavior?
- Diversity in Organizations
- Attitudes and Job Satisfaction
- Emotions and Moods ; Personality and Values
- Perception and Individual Decision Making
- Motivation Concepts ; Motivation: From concepts to Application
- Foundations of Group Behavior
- Midterm Exam
- Understanding Work Teams
- Communication; Leadership
- Power & Politics ; Conflict & Negotiation
- Organizational Structure ; Organizational Culture
- Human Resource Policies and Practices
- Organizational Change and Stress Mgt
- Final Exam