University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||6363||Section Number||25017|
|Name of Course||Financial Modeling|
|Name of Instructor||Ning,Yixi|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend basic and advanced spreadsheet building skills.
- Apply spreadsheet skills to analyze financial statements, cash budget, financial ratio analysis, financial forecasting, break-even and leverage analysis issues.
- Calculate time value of money, rate, and uneven cash flow using the spreadsheet.
- Use spreadsheet skills to value stocks, bonds, portfolios, and cost of capital.
- Use spreadsheet skills to perform capital budgeting analysis.
- Perform sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, and Monte Carlo simulation of capital budgeting results in spreadsheet.
- Understand Basic Visual Basic for Application (VBA) programming.
|QUIZ AND HOMEWORK||200|
|INDIVIUAL MIDTERM PROJECT||200|
|TEAM FINAL PROJECT||200|
Mayes, T.R. and Shank, T.M., Financial Analysis with Microsoft Excel,5th (2009) ed., ISBN 1439040370.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.