University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||6361||Section Number||25016|
|Name of Course||Investments|
|Name of Instructor||Metghalchi,Massoud|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend and explain the theories underlying security valuation and portfolio formation.
- Comprehend the overall investment process.
- Comprehend the risk-return trade-off faced by investors.
- Analyze and evaluate investment performance of mutual funds
- Comprehend the various financial instruments available to the potential investors.
- Comprehend the concept of market efficiency and how to make rational investment decisions based upon the existence of market efficiency.
|Stock Market Simulation||10%|
|Term Paper Project||10%|
|Class Participation (bulletin Board Discussion)||10%|
|Mid term exam||25%|
Bodie, Kane, and Marcus, Investments,Ninth ed., ISBN 9780073530703.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.