University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||3306||Section Number||24046|
|Name of Course||Quantitative Decision Making|
|Name of Instructor||Yang,Jie|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- understand probability concepts and applications.
- be able to do decision analysis under different situations, e.g, decision making under uncertainty, decision making with probabilities, and decision tree analysis.
- be able to conduct regression analysis.
- be able to use different methods for business forecasting.
- be able to comprehend and apply inventory control models, e.g., EOQ and POQ.
- be able to formulate and solve linear programming model.
- understand and apply Critical Path Method (CPM) and PERT to projects.
- be able to use statistical methods to construct control charts for quality control.
|Case Studies (2x10%)||20%|
Render, Stair, and Hanna, Quantitative Analysis for Management,,10th ed., ISBN 9780136036258.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction to Quantitative Analysis
- Probability Concepts
- Applications of Probabiloity
- Decision Analysis
- Exam 1
- Regression Models
- Inventory Control Models
- Spring Break
- Exam 2
- Linear Programming
- Linear Programming Modeling: Application
- Project Management I
- Project Management II
- Statistical Quality Control
- Final exam