University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6352||Section Number||24040|
|Name of Course||Strategic Mktg Management|
|Name of Instructor||Yang,Jun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Take a systematic approach to strategic decision making in Marketing.
- Comprehend the basic concepts, principles and theories of contemporary marketing thought.
- Analyze the key environmental factors (such as demographic, economic, natural, technological, political-legal, and social-cultural developments) and their impact on marketing strategy.
- Be able to conduct competition analysis, select target markets and choose a profitable positioning strategy.
- Evaluate an organization's marketing situation and develop marketing strategies that create a sustainable competitive advantage.
|Exams (assessing course learning objectives 1-5)||50|
|Participation (assessing course learning objectives 1-5)||15|
|Case Analysis (Group Work)||15|
|Individual Report (assessing course learning objectives 1-5)||20|
Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller, A Framework for Marketing Management,5th ed., ISBN 978-0132539302.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction and Chapter 1 Overview of Marketing
- Chapter 2 Marketing Strategies
- Chapter 3 Understanding Markets & Marketing Research
- Chapter 4 Customer Value, Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Chapter 5 Consumer Markets
- Chapter 6 Business Markets
- Chapter 7 Market Segments and Targets
- Chapter 8 & 9 Brand Equity, Positioning and Competition
- Spring Break
- Chapter 10 Product Strategy and PLC
- Chapter 11 Services
- Chapter 12 Pricing Strategy
- Chapter 13 & 14 Marketing Channel & Retailing
- Chapter 15 & 16 Mass Communications
- Chapter 17 & 18 Personal communication and Global Marketing