University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||4315||Section Number||24038|
|Name of Course||Business-Business Marketing|
|Name of Instructor||Hayes,Linda A|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend the basic concepts and theories of organizational behavior and their role in creating competitive advantage in business markets.
- Know the importance of changes in the technological, political, social and economic environments on business marketing activities.
- Understand the criteria for evaluating marketing research in business-to-business marketing.
- Apply the concepts of segmentation, target marketing and the marketing mix when crafting strategic marketing activities.
- Understand competitive channels of distribution and the leadership role in channel inter-organizational relationships, structure and conflict.
Hutt and Speh, Business Marketing Management,10th ed., ISBN 9780324581676.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Business Marketing Perspective
- Purchasing by Organizations
- Organizational Buyer Behavior
- Customer Relationship Management
- Segmenting Business-to-Business Markets
- Business Marketing Strategies
- Managing Products for Business Markets
- New Industrial Product Development
- Managing Business Market Channels
- E-Commerce Strategies for Business Markets
- Business Marketing Communications
- Business Marketing Advertising and Sales Promotions
- Sales and Sales Management
- Pricing Strategies for Business Markets