University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||4313||Section Number||24036|
|Name of Course||Marketing Research|
|Name of Instructor||Yang,Jun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate the results of a market research study clearly and concisely to decision-makers.
- Be able to conduct a preliminary study of a research topic using secondary and primary data.
- Be able to develop a questionnaire to address your research topic, and analyze the data.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and implement a market research plan.
|Participation (assessing course learning objectives 1-4)||15|
|Exams (assessing course learning objectives 1-4)||50|
|Group Project (assessing course learning objectives 1-4)||15|
|Individual Analysis and Report (assessing course learning objectives 1-4)||20|
Carl McDaniel, Jr. and Roger Gates, Marketing Research (with SPSS),9 ed., ISBN 978-1118074619.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction and Chapter 1 Overview of Marketing Research
- Chapter 2& 3 Research Ethics, Problem Definition and Research Process
- Chapter 4 & 5 Secondary Data and Qualitative Research
- Chapter 6 & 7 Survey and Online Research
- Chapter 8 & 9 Primary data: Observation and Experiments
- Chapter 10, 11 & 12 Questionnaire Design and Measurement
- Chapter 10, 11 & 12 Questionnaire Design and Measurement (continue)
- Chapter 13 & 14 Sampling
- spring break
- Chapter 15 Data analysis, Cross-Tabs
- Chapter 16 Hypotheses Testing
- Chapter 16 Hypotheses Testing (Continue)
- Chapter 17 Regression
- Chapter 18 Multivariate Data Analysis
- Chapter 19 Research Report