University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4325||Section Number||23961|
|Name of Course||Organizational Change|
|Name of Instructor||Rauniar,Rupak|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the concepts of organizational change.
- be able to understand theories of effective change implementation.
- be able to understand organizational change diagnosis.
- be able to understand human resource development.
- be able to understand how to support new organizational behaviors.
- be able to understand the role of culture in change.
- be able to understand the role of leadership in change.
|Mid-Term (Case Analysis)||15%|
|Discussion Board Participation||20%|
|Final (Case Analysis)||15%|
Bert Spector, Implementing Organizational Change: Theory Into Practice,2/E ed., ISBN 0136074286.
There would be additional case studies and articles that would supplement the text book.
http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cb/access/11739438 Requires account set up for the first time users. The website contains cases and article required for this course.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Chapter 1: Organizational Change
- Chapter 2: Theories of Effective Change Implementation
- Chapter 3: Mutual Engagement
- Chapter 4: Organizational Redesign
- Chapter 5: Developing Human Resources
- Chapter 6: Reinforcing New Behaviors
- ***SPRING BREAK***
- Article 5: An Incremental Approach to Strategic Change
- Chapter 7: Organizational Culture and Change
- Chapter 8: Leading Change
- Article 7: Radical Change, The Quiet Way