University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4322||Section Number||23958|
|Name of Course||Strategy & Bus Environment|
|Name of Instructor||Huang,Shengsheng|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to comprehend the non-market issues, interests, institutions, and information that influence strategy formation. (Bloom 2)
- be able to describe the non-market environments of various organizations. (Bloom 2)
- be able to integrate the influence of non-market environments and the development of competitive strategy. (Bloom 4)
- evaluate various alternatives to cope with the non-market environment. (Bloom 4)
- be able to understand the social responsibility of business. (Bloom 2)
- be able to explain the global non-market forces that impact strategy formation. (Bloom 2)
Steiner and Steiner, Business, Government and Society,13th ed., ISBN .
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Framework of Studying Business and External Environment (I)
- Framework of Studying Business and External Environment (II)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Ethics
- Case Study 1
- Business and Government Relationship
- Review, and Q&A
- Exam (1)
- Globalization and MNCs
- SPRING BREAK!
- Business and Natual Environment
- Case Study 2
- Workplace and HR
- Corporate Governance
- Case Study 3
- Review and Q&A
- Exam (2)