University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4313||Section Number||23949|
|Name of Course||Compensation|
|Name of Instructor||Singh,Barjinder|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
No course objectives have been submitted.
|"Your Turn" Case Reports||30%|
Milkovich, Newman, & Gerhart, Compensation,10th ed., ISBN 9781121371934.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introductions & The Pay Model
- The Totality of Decisions
- Defining Internal Alignment
- Job Analysis
- Job-based Structures and Job Evaluation
- Person-Based Structures
- Midterm Exam
- Defining Competitiveness
- Spring Break
- Designing Pay levels, mix and Pay Structures
- Pay-for-performance: The Evidence & Pay-for-Performance Plans
- Performance Appraisals
- The Benefit Determination Process
- Benefits Options
- Final Exam