University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4311||Section Number||23947|
|Name of Course||Human Resources Mgt|
|Name of Instructor||Ramamoorthy,Nagarajan|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- To comprehend challenges in managing the employment relationships in a diverse workforce and apply theoretical knowledge in managing the employment relationships.
- To comprehend the role of human resource management function as a strategy for effectively creating sustainable competitive advantage.
- To comprehend and apply human resource management models and practices to solve real world human resource management problems.
- To analyze the role of business environment and its influence on the human resource management functions in organizations.
|Individual Case Analysis||20%|
Angelo DeNisi & Ricky Griffin, HR,1st ed., ISBN 0538474238.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- The Nature of HRM
- The Legal Environment
- The Global Environment
- The Competitive Environment
- Information for Making Human Resource Decisions
- HR Decision Making in Organizations
- Recruitment and Employee Selection
- Spring Break
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Compensation and Benefits
- Work on Individual Case Analysis
- Performane Appraisal and Career Management
- Managing Labor Relations
- Performance Enhancement Techniques
- Final Exam