University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4300||Section Number||23945|
|Name of Course||Sel Topics in Management|
|Name of Instructor||Solansky,Stephanie Thomas|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Understand basic principles of grammar and style for standard edited business English.
- Understand communication and critical thinking concepts, contexts, and processes.
- Apply communication and critical thinking knowledge to plan, organize, and revise effective business documents.
- Apply communication and critical thinking knowledge to deliver effective business presentations.
- Apply communication and critical thinking knowledge in a team project to produce an effective business proposal.
- Understand personal strengths and challenge areas of communication and critical thinking skills.
- Understand the importance of self-awareness and continuous professional development.
|Team Project - Business Simulation||25%|
Guffey & Loewy, Business Communication: Process and Product,7 ed., ISBN 1-111-87743-2.
, Webcam & Microphone, ed., ISBN .
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Course Introduction
- Grammar Diagnostics
- Review of Grammar Mechanics
- Critical Thinking and the Writing Process
- Articulating Messages
- Building Reports and Presentations
- Professionalism and Employment
- Write Experience 1
- Spring Break
- Write Experience 2
- Write Experience 3
- Write Experience 4
- Team Simulation-Team Planning
- Team Proposals and Presentations
- Reflection/Development Assessment