University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||HCAD||Course Number||4355||Section Number||23931|
|Name of Course||Organizational Change|
|Name of Instructor||Stringer,Donna Yvonne|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the concepts of organizational change.
- be able to understand theories of effective change implementation.
- be able to understand organizational change diagnosis.
- be able to understand human resource development.
- be able to understand how to support new organizational behaviors.
- be able to understand the role of culture in change.
- be able to understand the role of leadership in change.
|3 Tests (10% x 3)||30%|
|Mid-Term (Case Analysis)||15%|
|Discussion Board Participation||20%|
|4 Articles Reviews (5% x 4)||20%|
|Final (Case Analysis)||15%|
No textbook has been adopted for this course.
http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cb/access/9754345 || There are 2 case studies and one article that need to be purchased from this site. || You need to register on the site to create a user name if you do not already have one. Once you have registered, you can log in to see the course materials. || You will have access to these materials for 6 months. || After you register, you can get to the course again by doing the following: 1. Visit hbsp.harvard.edu and log in. 2. Click My Courses, and then click this course name: Organizational Change
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Organizational Change
- Theories of Effective Change Implementation
- Mutual Engagement
- Organizational Redesign
- Developing Human Resources
- Case Analysis
- Reinforcing New Behaviors
- Spring Break
- Organizational Culture and Change
- Leading Change
- Case Analysis