University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||HCAD||Course Number||4353||Section Number||23923|
|Name of Course||HR Management|
|Name of Instructor||Ramamoorthy,Nagarajan|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- To comprehend the role of human resource management function as a strategy for effectively creating sustainable competitive advantage.
- To analyze the role of business environment and its influence on the human resource management functions in organizations.
- To comprehend and apply human resource management models and practices to solve real world human resource management problems.
- To comprehend challenges in managing the employment relationships in a diverse workforce and apply theoretical knowledge in managing the employment relationships.
|Individual Case Analysis||20%|
Angelo DeNisi & Ricky Griffin, HR,1st ed., ISBN 9780538474238.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- The Nature of HRM
- Legal Environment
- The Global Environment
- The Competitive Environment
- Information for Making HR Decisions
- HR Decision Making
- Recruitment and Selection
- Midterm Exam
- Spring Break
- Managinga Diverse Workforce
- Compensation and Benefits
- Work on Individual Case Analysis
- Performance Appraisal and Career Management
- Labor Relations
- Performance Enhancement Techniques
- Final Exam