University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||6363||Section Number||23906|
|Name of Course||Financial Modeling|
|Name of Instructor||Ning,Yixi|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend basic and advanced spreadsheet building skills.
- Apply spreadsheet skills to analyze financial statements, cash budget, financial ratio analysis, financial forecasting, break-even and leverage analysis issues.
- Calculate time value of money, rate, and uneven cash flow using the spreadsheet.
- Use spreadsheet skills to value stocks, bonds, portfolios, and cost of capital.
- Use spreadsheet skills to perform capital budgeting analysis.
- Perform sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, and Monte Carlo simulation of capital budgeting results in spreadsheet.
- Understand Basic Visual Basic for Application (VBA) programming.
|DISCUSSION BOARD ACTIVITIES||100|
|QUIZ AND HOMEWORK||250|
|INDIVIUAL MIDTERM PROJECT||200|
|TEAM FINAL PROJECT||200|
Mayes, T.R. and Shank, T.M., Financial Analysis with Microsoft Excel,5th (2009) ed., ISBN 1439040370.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.