University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||4369||Section Number||23901|
|Name of Course||Cases in Finance|
|Name of Instructor||Du,Jianjun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Apply the skills of critical thinking (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation) to solve problems and to support statements of beliefs and opinions related to business finance.
- Link and synthesize information learned in this course to the greater body of knowledge related to business administration.
- To develop skills in oral and written communication of ideas and decisions.
|DISCUSSION BOARD ACTIVITIES||20%|
|FIVE TEAM CASES||50%|
Bruner, Eades, and Schill, Case Studies in Finance,6th Edition ed., ISBN 0073382450.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Setting Some Themes
- Financial Analysis and Forecasting
- Estimating the Cost of Capital
- Capital Budgeting and Resource Allocation
- Dividends, Repurchases, Initial Offerings
- Management of the Corporate Capital Structure
- Review and Additional Topics
- Final Exam Review