University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||4320||Section Number||23896|
|Name of Course||Investment Principles|
|Name of Instructor||Metghalchi,Massoud|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- To provide an overview of financial institutions and markets in which securities are traded.
- To comprehend various financial instruments available to the potential investors.
- Explain Risk/Reward Concepts from an Historical Framework
- To understand valuation of common stocks and portfolio formation.
- To understand various types of fixed income securities and their valuations.
- To understand the basics of derivative securities.
|Stock Markut Simulation||10%|
Herbert Mayo, Investments: An Introduction,10 ed., ISBN 13: 97805384520.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.