University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||3304||Section Number||23894|
|Name of Course||Business Finance|
|Name of Instructor||Du,Jianjun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Understand the basic principles that form the foundations of finance and the role of financial manager.
- Understand the working of financial markets and environments.
- Understand the time value of money and its application to bond and stock valuation.
- Understand the meaning of risk in various contexts and the relationship between risk and return.
- Understand the cost of capital and capital budgeting techniques
- Understand the concept of capital structure, dividend policy and working capital management.
|Online Class participation||10%|
Stephen A. Ross, Randolph W. Westerfield, & Bradford D. Jordan, Essentials of Corporate Finance,7th ed., ISBN 9780077427689.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Distribute Syllabus and course schedule
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Financial Statements, Taxes, and Cash Flows; Working with Financial Statements
- The Time Value of Money
- Discounted Cash Flow Estimation
- Interest rates and Bond Valuation
- Equity Markets and Stock Valuation
- Midterm Exam (Ch. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7)
- Net Present Value and Other Investment Criteria; Make Capital Investment Decisions
- Risk and Return
- Cost of Capital
- Leverage and Capital Structure
- Dividends and Dividend Policy
- Working-Capital Management
- Final Exam (Chapters 8, 9, 11-14, 17)