University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4305||Section Number||23758|
|Name of Course||Leadership|
|Name of Instructor||Solansky,Stephanie Thomas|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the terms, concepts and research necessary to gain a more complete understanding of the art of leadership.
- be able to explain and apply the current views and techniques currently expressed regarding leadership styles and practices
- be able to evaluate and make decisions with regard to leadership approaches through the use of case studies and discussions
- be able to explain and apply communication techniques in order to improve teambuilding skills.
- be able to understand the importance of the application of ethical behavior in leadership situations.
Lussier & Achua, Leadership: Theory, Application, & Skill Development,4th ed., ISBN 0324596553.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction; Who is a Leader?
- Leadership Traits & Ethics
- Leadership Behavior & Motivation
- Influencing: Power & Politics
- Team Project Planning
- Contingency Leadership Theories
- Communication, Coaching & Conflict Skills
- Midterm; Team Project Planning
- Spring Break
- Leader-Follower Relations
- Team Leadership
- Charismatic & Transformational Leadership
- Leadership of Culture, Ethics & Diversity
- Strategic Leadership
- Crisis Leadership