University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||QMSC||Course Number||6351||Section Number||23754|
|Name of Course||Stats & Research Methods|
|Name of Instructor||Adamchik,Vera A|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- summarize and analyze data using tabular and graphical methods;
- compute and interpret basic numerical descriptive statistical measures;
- understand basic concepts of probability and know popular discrete and continuous probability distributions;
- apply statistical inference techniques – estimation and hypothesis testing (about a population mean, population proportion, about means and proportions with two populations);
- compute, analyze and interpret different measures of statistical association (correlation and regression) and the results of a regression analysis;
- use simple statistical software packages (Excel).
|Individual Term Paper/Case Study||10|
|Attendance and Participation||5|
David R. Anderson, Dennis J. Sweeney, Thomas A. Williams, Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Excel,4th (2012) ed., ISBN 0538479752.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.